Power to Change – Staff Conference
July 21-22 Online
What are the dates/times for staff conference?
July 21 and 22. See schedule above for times.
Will there be breaks?
Yes! We know it is not easy to sit in front of your screen for 7 hours. There will be ample breaks throughout the day to afford you time for snacks, bio breaks, tending to family needs, etc. You may also choose to join the virtual prayer room during the breaks to pray or receive prayer. More information about the virtual prayer room can be found here.
Which platform will be used for the conference?
Staff Conference will be run similarly to P2C Chapels, using Zoom, although the experience will be much different! Please make sure you have the updated version of Zoom and if possible are connected to a hard-wire connection (preferably on a laptop or PC) for the length of the conference (vs. a cellular device or on Wifi).
Check what version of Zoom you are currently using: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362393
How do I access the sessions?
Please use the link located <here> for the main Staff Conference sessions.
To connect to the virtual prayer room, use a separate link. More information about the virtual prayer room can be found here. <LINK to “here”>
How do I get the most out of each session?
We recommend the following tips so that you can have a fully-immersive experience in the Staff Conference:
- Choose a space free from distractions (including pets, cell phone, etc.)
- Choose a space where you can sit comfortably, take notes if desired, and have good lighting.
- Turn your camera off during the speaker sessions (you will be automatically muted during the speakers’ talks) but turn on your camera and unmute yourself for the Breakout rooms so that you can participate with your group.
- Change your video layout to “Speaker Mode” and make Zoom full-screen. This will ensure that you can see both the speaker, and any material/media they may be presenting during their talk.
- Engage! Participate in the Q&A via chat, speak up during the breakout rooms and lift your voice to the Lord in the times of prayer. By engaging, you will get a deeper understanding of the material presented by each speaker.
- The use of breakout rooms means that you will get to meet many new people throughout the conference. However, due to time constraints, providing introductions at the beginning of each group may not be possible. We encourage you to upload a profile picture and update your Zoom name to YOUR NAME – MINISTRY/DEPARTMENT. Take some time to do this over the weekend prior to Staff Conference – this will help us all to get to know each other throughout the two days!
Changing your Zoom profile: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-Profile
Changing your name in a Zoom meeting: https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-change-your-name-on-zoom-on-pc-and-phone/